Whole House Humidifiers in Northern VA and Surrounding DC Metro Area
Don’t let the dry air shock you – install a whole house humidifier!
The dry indoor heat generated during the winter months can play havoc with all sorts of things within your home or business. Dry skin, dry eyes and those little electric shocks are the first signs that your air is too dry. Insufficient humidity also has more serious effects on your respiratory health and can significantly wear on the life of your furniture, wood floors and walls. The most viable answer for the problem of dry indoor air is a whole house humidifier, which can work directly with your current HVAC system. A whole house humidifier serves to regulate the moisture of the air in your home or business continually, without the need for regular maintenance or replacement that comes with smaller humidifiers.
At Frosty’s Heating and Cooling, Inc., we specialize in whole house humidifier systems and humidifier installation. Our experienced team of technicians will work with you to select and install the ideal humidifying system to bring proper comfort and quality to the air in your home or business.
Problems Associated with Dry Air
When the air in your home or business is too dry, it can lead to a range of consequences for your health, comfort and building. Some of the primary risks associated with dry air include:
- Dry eyes, mouths and throats: Dry air is irritating to your eyes and mouth, which need moisture to stay comfortable. Usually, blinking and swallowing is sufficient to provide that moisture, but if you’re living or working in an extremely dry environment, you may experience irritation.
- Increased likelihood of getting sick: Colds, flus and other similar illnesses become more likely in dry environments, because the viruses thrive in low humidity.
- Damage to your home or business: Dry air can cause woodwork, hardwood floors and walls to crack, severely damaging your home or business.
Adding a humidifier system to your home or business can help prevent these issues by regulating the moisture in the air and ensuring the air quality doesn’t become too dry.
Benefits of Whole House Humidifiers
Whole house humidifiers have a wide range of benefits that make them the ideal solution for controlling the moisture of the air in your home or office. Unlike smaller humidifiers that work within a single room and require cleaning and replenishing on an almost daily basis, a whole house humidifier only requires an annual service to keep it functioning at it optimum performance level.
Some of the primary benefits of a whole house humidifying system include:
- Adds regulated moisture to the air in an ongoing fashion
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Requires annual service, rather than daily upkeep